At 57 years old, Sarah Jessica Parker is now enjoying the fruits of her lucrative Hollywood career. She has received numerous awards and has been named one of Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people in the world. Yes, she’s been living a glam life. And her home is no different. In this post, let’s take a look at her home in Greenwich Village, N.Y., which she recently put on the market.
The mom of three kids lives with his partner Matthew Broderick, whom she married in New York in 1991. And the family has kept this property for 20 years. Parker and Broderick bought the townhouse in 2011 for $19 million. And this sleek and charming abode is located in NY’s most recognized areas.
Greenwich village is well-loved for its excellent shopping areas, top schools, nightlife, dining, and cultural institutions. It’s also strategically located near the other prime neighborhoods in NY, such as Tribeca, Chelsea, Soho, and Union Square.
Reportedly, the home was never actually used. It just served as a massive closet Jessica. As an A-list Hollywood actress, she has an impressive wardrobe much like her Sex and the City character Carrie Bradshaw. The family has another townhouse in a different village where they actually lived.
After almost three years on the market, the home was finally put into a contract for $20 million. It was originally listed in 2012 for $25 million and got re-listed for $22 million in September. Yes, that might seem like an over-the-top amount. But the property is worth every dollar. The 6,800-square-foot estate has 5 floors, 5 bedrooms, and 8 bathrooms.
The square footage of the property alone is impressive. Add to that the facade and interior design. Plus, the estate also exudes a one-of-a-kind architectural and historical grandeur. The Greek Revival-style residence has a classic brownstone look. The dentil molding also gave the exterior a lofty and regal look.
It has 5 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms, and 7 fireplaces spread across 5 floors. It’s built with 12-foot ceilings, which adds to the spacious feel of the interior. There’s also a private split-level garden with a Juliet balcony, which could be a perfect spot to enjoy a morning coffee.
Parker’s home might be massive and impressive, but she did a great job of keeping it chic and elegant. These are the notable features of the home that definitely contributed to the price of the property in a good way:
- Hangout room – This is where the family library and lounge room are located. It’s on the top floor, and it’s fitted with 2 oversized skylights that flood the area with natural light. There are also 50-foot-long bookcases. There’s also a minimalist ping-pong table.
- Master bedroom – The main bedroom occupies an entire floor. It has 2 walk-in closets. It’s the same size as some studio apartments in NY. It also has a walk-in shower, separate vanities, a fireplace, and a massive freestanding tub.
- Dining room, kitchen, and living room – The dining and kitchen areas are fitted with sculptural pendant lights and other striking contemporary installations. It comes with kitchen components from Boffi. And the lighting features are designed by Arnold Chan. The garden-level kitchen has a marble-sheathed fireplace wall, a large island, and stainless-steel appliances. The kitchen also has a breakfast nook, which leads to the garden. The dining area looks sleek with its marble-topped tables and open shelving. It also opens onto the garden. The formal dining room is fitted with floor-to-ceiling double-paned mahogany windows. It also connects to the living room. Like the hangout room on the top floor, the dining and kitchen areas feature 12-foot-high ceilings.
- Bedrooms – The other bedrooms of the property boast wood-accented furnishings and clean lines. Some rooms have their own seating area. And one bedroom has a four-poster and chesterfield sofa.
- Kids’ bedroom – As a parent of three kids, Sarah Parker and Matthew Broderick make sure that the children have a comfy room to rest and play. So, in their kids’ bedroom, they have a pair of classic twin beds, as well as a fireside perch and a trendy tent with punchy stripes. The bath is also kid-friendly and fitted with cute hot air balloon art and vintage gray-green fittings.
The Parker-Broderick brood is really blessed with some of the best luxuries in life, especially as they’re living in one of the country’s prime real estate locations – the Greenwich village. Most New Yorkers would really consider themselves lucky if they can own even 1 floor of a classic townhouse. The Parker-Broderick family, however, owns a multi-story townhouse. And with the couple’s connection with some of the country’s top architects and interior designers, they were able to make the space even better.
Have you got the home design inspiration you need from SJP’s abode? If you have, make sure to work closely with a professional to get your project started. You might also like to browse other celebrity homes for more references.