Any smart security system worth its salt includes components that function together in a seamless environment and can be modified using customizable rules.
For instance, you can configure doors to unlock if the smoke alarm rings and the CCTV camera to start recording once the door/window sensor is activated.
Some systems keep the footage in Cloud while some systems choose a local network to store the videos.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly, DIY security option, local storage is a good deal but Cloud storage makes it easier to record and access videos anytime you want.
The best home security system in Houston options you on cloud or local storage systems so that you can choose one that deems the most suitable for you.
What Is A Smart Home Security System?
A smart home security system connects to your Wi-Fi network, so you can use your smartphone and an app to monitor and operate your security systems.
Beginner security systems contain a motion detector, some sensors, and a hub using one or more wireless protocols such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or a customized network.
You may expand your system to incorporate door locks, garage door openers, interior and outdoor surveillance cameras, sirens, lighting, water sensors, smoke detectors, and more.
Best Home Security Systems Of 2022
You can modernize your home in the best way possible with smart devices. But, before modernizing, you should take a look at your home security mechanisms and find out if it’s worth the effort.
Let’s check the best home security systems of 2022.
SimpliSafe is an inexpensive and easy cellular security solution that is a hit with its customers.
Its security methods, like its cost, are straightforward. SimpliSafe boasts among the most affordable monthly monitoring costs on the market, and you may start or stop it at any time.
SimpliSafe is a home security company that operates on its own terms. That includes doing rid of certain elements that turn customers off, such as pushy salespeople and lengthy contracts.
- You get to pick the equipment and the amount of monitoring you desire.
- You can buy it online.
- It comes with an on-demand professional monitoring service with no commitments.
- Video recordings are made continuously.
- Money-back guarantee for 60 days.
Vivint is the best of the group if you’re looking for a smart home security system that doesn’t require you to do anything.
Vivint is the finest wireless security system accessible because of its professional installation, high-end equipment, smart home features, and cutting-edge security technology.
We adore Vivint because its home security consultations are provided free of charge in the comfort of your own home.
- Professional installation at a lower cost than the competition.
- Equipment payment and monitoring are separated in this financing scheme.
- Smartphone app for smart home security.
- A complete array of unique equipment, which does not rely on the technology of others.
- Professional monitoring is available 24/7.
3. Smith Thompson
In addition to offering low-cost monthly monitoring without a commitment, Smith Thompson makes it simple to terminate if the system isn’t for you.
Unlike other security systems that charge 75% to 100% of your remaining contract, Smith Thompson lets you go without any fines.
They have three plans priced at $16.95, $21.95, and $29.95, which means you get to choose the one that fits your pocket and your home.
- They have offered you the same monitoring rate since 1978.
- Professional installation with 24/7 private monitoring.
- You can get arm/disarm notifications on your smartphone app.
- It works on both cellular and WiFi connections.
- All the security devices are centralized and work from a single app.
- All the system data are encrypted so that nobody can hack into it.
Frontpoint gives you all of the home security bells and whistles of a full-service professionally installed system while also giving you complete control and installation.
Frontpoint is ideal for people who desire the freedom of DIY but don’t want to sacrifice equipment selections or features.
Frontpoint has the integration of smart home technology. There will be no high-pressure sales tactics used and consultations that will persuade you to buy this home security system because its features speak volumes.
- There is a wide range of equipment to pick from.
- You can control it using a smartphone app.
- Indoor and outdoor surveillance cameras are available.
- You can watch the security videos on yoursTV.
- Professional monitoring is available 24/7.
- This wireless alarm system has no cables for criminals to cut.
- CO and smoke detector monitoring are also included in the entry-level package.
ADT is the country’s most experienced security monitoring provider.
ADT is worth the money if you’ll sleep easier knowing that your property is protected by a well-known, tried-and-true security business.
No one compares to ADT when it comes to home security monitoring because it has more monitoring centers than any other security company. So, when they say your home gets 24/7 protection, they mean it.
- For over 145 years, the company has been in this business.
- ADT Home Security protects over 8 million people in 9 professional monitoring centers worldwide.
- It has partnerships and integration with cutting-edge technology like Google Nest and Ford, as well as a six-month service guarantee.
- It gives you a free consultation on your whole home risk assessment.
1. What Is The Most Advanced Security System?
Ans: Angee is the most advanced security system because it is truly autonomous, and its security and communication features move with you. Once you configure the system according to your needs, it adapts to your daily routine and even interacts with you.
2. Is Google Coming Out With A New Home Security System?
Ans: Google Nest has launched a new home security system including smart speakers, smoke detectors, thermostats, routers, streaming devices, etc. It also integrates wireless security devices, smart light bulbs, smart locks, etc. If you have any problem configuring the system, Google Assistant can help you.
3. Are Home Security Systems Worth It?
Ans: Security systems are worth the money and effort because they discourage robbers and burglars from targeting your house. Almost 60% of convicted robbers say they’ll target a different home if they come across a security system in the first home they planned to rob, which means security systems make a difference.
We cannot get enough of the best home security systems on this list because they are too good considering the investment we make behind them.
Once you identify what security options your home needs, you can choose the security system without any hurdle.
So, if you need to get more info on them, we are here to guide you.