The integration of solar panels into the design of a private house can be not only environmentally friendly but also beautiful. Solar panels significantly reduce energy bills and carbon footprint and create a unique and modern design for a private home. But how to approach the issue of implementing solar panel design for homes? Let’s delve into this question.
What is the main problem with the design of solar panels for a private house?
The main problem with the implementation of solar panel architectural design is the lack of preparation of all houses at the construction stage for the subsequent installation of solar panels. That is, today, every house must be built taking into account all the rules and regulations for the integration of the solar system onto its roof with further wiring of its parts to the necessary parts of the house.
Today there is a problem of “unattractiveness” of installing solar panels on the roof of private houses. Due to the lack of thought-out design of solar panels, the system often really looks disgusting, destroying the entire uniqueness of the building.
So that solar panels do not spoil the design of a private house, everything should be built according to the rules of solar architecture.
What is solar architecture?
Solar architecture is a set of measures that are necessary for the implementation of a private house focused on the installation of solar systems. This is one of the few options to get the perfect design of solar panels. As a result, the homeowner will receive the optimal solution – an aesthetic home and energy-efficient solar panels. The project is implemented according to the individual parameters of the site and local conditions. This is necessary to ensure the stable operation of solar panels.
Today, solar architecture is not standard because it requires additional investment in all details. In addition, for many homeowners, the perception remains that the solar system will make it difficult for them to sell their homes if they wish. It also seems to many that this will reduce the value of the house. But everything is exactly the opposite. People are more willing to buy houses in which everything is already thought out. There are solar panels, and the overall design looks organic. The main thing is that the solar system should not be in operation for more than 15 years because new future owners will be less willing to buy a house that will have to completely change the solar panels in the next ten years.
5 tips for creating solar panels architectural design
Here are some tips on how to implement the best roof design for solar panels:
- Consider the orientation and location of the house. They play a leading role in the processes for ensuring the efficiency of solar panels. Ideally, the panels should be installed on the south side of the roof, where there is as little shading from nearby trees or buildings as possible.
- Explore all types of solar panels and choose the right one. Several types of systems are available on the market. Each has its advantages and disadvantages. For example, monocrystalline panels are famous for their efficiency, polycrystalline panels are more affordable, and thin film panels are lighter and more flexible, which will be more favorable for non-standard surfaces.
- Incorporate solar panels into your design when planning your home. The best solution would be to implement solar panel architectural design before construction. They can even be installed as a roof or wall covering or integrated into a pergola or canopy.
- Trust everything to professionals. Even if it seems that there is nothing complicated in the implementation of the design of the solar panel project, believe me, there are too many nuances in it. Professionals surely know how to design an attractive and energy-efficient rooftop system because they have practical experience. Any mistake you make can cost a lot more than the services of a professional installer.
- Consider service requirements. Like any other part of the house, solar panels require maintenance. Without it, they may not serve the time allotted to them. Be sure to take into account all the features that are important for those who organize the maintenance of solar panels.
When you want to install solar panels for tiny homes or, conversely, on a large house with several floors, always start from the allowable possible roof sizes. Also, pay attention to the importance of uniform installation of panels. To achieve this goal, all the details installed on the roof of a private house must be located on one side. Otherwise, the process of creating solar panels layout design will be similar to Tetris. In this case, the result will be known in advance – you will lose. One of the ideal solutions is a cubic house. It can be built from scratch, or you can change an existing house to its standards.
Design of a cubic house with solar panels
Cube house design with solar panels is the perfect example of attractive aesthetics and a high level of efficiency, in which the architecture of the solar system and the house are in harmony. These innovative homes are designed to reduce energy consumption. Their designs are modern and minimalist, with clean lines and simple shapes. Solar panels are a key feature of this design, providing a sustainable source of energy. They are installed not only on the roof but also on the sides of the house on the south side. The orientation of the sun plays a major role in the design. It is where the maximum amount of solar energy falls during the day, and it is necessary to install solar panels. You should choose the size of the panels and their type according to your wishes for solar panel design and the desired energy efficiency.
Ideal roof for panel installation
The most important aspect in the selection of solar panel design ideas and further installation is the roof of a private house. It is quite important to take into account all its parameters and possibly, modify them.
Rectangular solar panels will fit very poorly on triangular and square ones. Metal roofs get very hot, which is bad for solar panels. In addition, they require the installation of additional parts. The lack of the correct orientation angle to the sun will reduce the amount of energy received, and bright colors will only disfigure the entire architecture.
At the moment, the best type of roof for solar panels is a black bituminous rectangular roof with an angle of about 40 degrees and a south orientation of 180 degrees. Panels will look good on it, and thanks to the right angle, all precipitation will safely fall without stagnation. The black color will allow it to be properly combined with black systems, and the right angle to the sun will ensure maximum energy efficiency.
Also, think about a cable management system and other components. It can be a junction box with a metal frame, where everything you need can fit and will not interfere with the household.
Are solar panels safe? This question found the solution a long time ago and is quite obvious. But how to design solar panels to make them look attractive and organic remains a mystery to many people. We have tried to answer this question openly. It is enough to take into account the orientation and location of the house, the location and specifics of the area, choose the right type of solar panels, and initially include them in the design to get the best house design for solar panels. It is also important to trust professionals and consider maintenance requirements. It is only by providing all these elements that homeowners can enjoy the benefits of solar energy while living in an attractive and energy-efficient home for many years to come.