Amber Heard made her Hollywood film debut in 2004 when she starred in the sports drama Friday Night Lights. Since then, she was able to make her own name as an actor and model. She’s also become a vocal advocate for children’s and women’s rights. In 2021, she welcomed her baby daughter Oonagh via surrogate.
Her legal battle and troubled relationship with Johnny Depp might have placed her in a bad light. But she has always found solace and peace at her California home amidst the picturesque Mojave Desert. After the intense court hearings, this is where she comes home for relaxation and reflection.
In this post, we’ll take a closer look at her home, especially the unique features and the stylebook she follows.
The Rough-and-Tumble Desert Vibe
Reports say that Amber’s home was constructed in 2015. It is located in Yucca Valley near the Mojave Desert and Joshua Tree National Park, 2 of L.A.’s top travel attractions. It offers nearly 2,500 sq. ft. of living space and is fitted with 3 bathrooms and 3 bedrooms. It also has a 3-car garage.
The 6-acre estate exudes a rustic vibe, making it blend perfectly well with the desert valley nearby. It features a creative mix of Earth colors, such as gray, green, beige, and shades of brown. The furnishings are custom designed and usually made of wood. The home is also fitted with huge doors and windows, allowing more natural air and light to filter through the interior. The glass doors and windows, as well as the framed mirror accents also make the area look more spacious than it already is.
Amber reportedly bought the home in 2019 at $570,000. Now, experts estimate the value of the home at $1 million.
The Aquaman star makes sure that her home exudes comfort, style, and security. This is why she fitted the interior with top-of-the-line appliances. The decor also looked calming and elegant. Based on images from listings, these are the well-loved features of her home’s interior:
- Main living area – The main living room is built with high ceilings and concrete floors. The area has a party nook fitted with a home bar made of reclaimed wood. There’s also a wine fridge and a fireplace perfect for a mid-afternoon downtime.
- Kitchen – The kitchen countertops are made of granite. The design mimics the rustic feel of the outdoor landscaping. However, it is fitted with high-end Wolf and Miele appliances to ensure Amber can serve and enjoy great food with her daughter.
- Dining room – This area opens up to the kitchen, making the home easily navigable. It has an 8-seater dining table. The wall is fitted with huge glass windows, affording a great view of the desert landscape outside as one eats.
- The primary suite – The main suite is built with sliding glass doors that lead to the back patio. Yes, this allows Amber to start or end her day with a stunning view of nature. The main bathroom has a beautiful stone shower and a sunken tub, which is the focal point of the area. The bathroom also includes dual vanities.
The outdoor area of Amber’s home is already an attraction in itself. It doesn’t need a lot of formal landscaping as the Mojave Desert does a great job of beautifying it on its own. The estate’s spectacular views are as gorgeous during the day as it is during the night. Aside from the breathtaking natural views, these are the features that make the home’s exterior area truly unique:
- Backyard bridge – A 110-foot wooden bridge connects the main house to the part of the property that sits on the nearby hill. Thanks to the previous owner who built the bridge. The bridge hangs over a rugged patch of land and leads to a hill-top gazebo.
- Hillside gazebo – A wooden gazebo stands just across the bridge and on the side of a hill. On nights with clear blue skies, the area is the perfect spot for hangout sessions and stargazing. During the day, the area can give you a stunning view of the entirety of the Yucca Valley. From the gazebo, one can see the rugged hills, stony pathways, and hills with sparse shrubbery.
Amber Heard’s home is a truly unique property to take inspiration from. It is located in a rural town with only 20,000 inhabitants 27 miles north of Palm Springs. Yes, it’s a remote property, which gives Amber the space she needs to stay away from the prying eyes of the paparazzis.
Are you inspired by the design and color scheme of Amber Heard’s home? Or are you looking for more insights and tips to guide your next home design or construction project? If you are, feel free to refer to our collection of celebrity home articles.