Simone Biles almost always makes the tabloid and media headlines whenever there’s an Olympic event coming. And that’s because of her stellar performance in gymnastics. At 24 years old, Biles already has seven Olympic medals under her belt. She also has several lucrative sponsorship deals. Despite her fame, she opens up about her frugal lifestyle because she’s afraid of going broke. Still, she afforded herself some leeway when she purchased her gorgeous home.
Sneak peeks of Biles’ home flood social media as she has been posting selfies and groupfies of her boyfriend and 2 French bulldogs with some areas of her abode as the background. In this post, we’ll take a look at her lovely residence in Houston, Texas.
Biles had been at the center of a media uproar during the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics when she decided to opt-out of the competition. Although she’s been projected to bag the top awards again, she chose not to compete. Instead, he prioritized herself, especially her mental health, and took her time recovering from her aunt’s recent death.
She went home to her Houston, Texas residence and enjoyed some quiet time. She also spent her workout sessions and intense training at her abode.
With an estimated net worth of $16 million, Biles managed to buy a 3,900-square-foot estate. The property has three-and-a-half bathrooms, a three-car garage, and four bedrooms. The stucco home was constructed in 2019. Property listings show that the home costs under $750,000. However, Biles also added more features to the house to suit her needs. The newly renovated home now has tile and wooden floors, a dog wash station, a media room, and a lot of other facilities and amenities that the elite athlete might need to stay in top shape.
As an advocate of mental health, Simone makes sure that her home is a place of comfort, peace, and relaxation. She opted to follow an open-plan layout to facilitate the natural flow of air and light for both the indoor and outdoor areas. Only the glass sliding doors separate the interior space from the patio area. This means she could enjoy a breathtaking view of the garden while lounging inside the house.
Simone Biles takes her workout regimen and overall health seriously. So, in choosing and designing her home, she tries to uphold comfort and functionality. These are the best features of her home:
- Primary bedroom – Simone’s main room has a dual walk-in closet. It also has a spa-like bathroom with a free-standing tub and walk-in shower.
- Family room – The family room features tray ceilings, a fireplace, wall insets, and arched doorways. She also paired up her gray couch with red pillows to add a pop of color.
- Kitchen – The kitchen features black stools placed around a breakfast bar, high-end silver appliances, white cupboards, and oversized island. Plus, the work surfaces are made of gray marble. She also has pale gray splashback tiles and three gray crystal light fittings, which she hung overhead. The cabinets are custom designed.
- Garden – Biles’ garden is fitted with contemporary outdoor furniture. She opted to have swinging seats around the table. Egg chairs could also be found closer to the walls of the house. Right in front of the swing-set is a large outdoor pool, surrounded by a large patio area. The whole area is secured by a wooden fence lined with trees.
- Living room – The living area features wooden floorboards, white walls, a gray sofa, and huge windows, which let in a lot of natural light.
- Walk-in wardrobe – Simone’s walk-in closet has a mirror and numerous shelves packed with pairs of shoes. The floor is also covered with cream carpets.
Simone Biles really made a great move by buying a property and settling down in the suburb of Spring in Houston, Texas. Based on records, the area is one of the safest communities in Texas with a crime rate of 7.1% lower than the national average.
The suburb is also known to have several beautiful parks to stroll around, such as Pundt Park, Spring Creek Greenway, and Meyer Park. Aside from the natural scenery, there are also beautiful old architecture and retail centers nearby.
In her neighborhood, she also enjoys the private park with pathways, landscaping, woods, and other amenities that the local community offers.
Like other elite athletes, Simone prioritizes her overall health above other things. And she does this most effectively at home where everything she needs is readily available without compromising her frugal lifestyle.