James Harden has been playing basketball since 2009, and his fame grew along with his performance. He’s fondly called “The Beard,” and even those who are not so fond of basketball have heard his name. He played with some of the strongest teams in the league, including the Oklahoma City Thunder, Brooklyn Nets, and the Houston Rockets. And he was awarded NBA MVP eight times and an All-NBA Team six times. Currently, he plays for the Philadelphia 76ers as a guard.
With an average annual pay of $40 million and a $165 Million net worth, Harden can pretty much buy anything he wants. But for this post, we’ll take a look at one of his most expensive purchases – his $10 million mansion.
Harden currently lives at 3 W Rivercrest Drive, Houston, Texas. He bought the home in 2019 for $10 million.
The structure is designed by Frankel Building Group following a memorial modern home design. It also has minimalist and contemporary style features, such as exposed 3-D panels, abundant windows, bent steel, and flat walls.
Harden’s Houston mansion sits on a total of 26,000 square feet of land area. It has 12 bathrooms and 8 bedrooms included in its 16,908 square feet of living space. The structure is made of commercial-grade steel. The estate is also LEED-certified.
Striking Features of James Harden’s Texas Mansion
In this James Harden’s house tour, we’ll take a closer look at the property’s striking features.
From the outside, Harden’s place looks incredibly striking, considering the facade’s contrasting color scheme of black and white. The driveway leads to the porch with columns made of steel and concrete. The front yard looks well-manicured with grass and trees.
The backyard is where the party usually happens in Harden’s house. This area is fitted with amazing entertainment features and amenities, such as:
- A resort-style swimming pool
- A built-in firepit area
- A pool cabana
- Detached casita
- Outdoor kitchen
- Modern circular water feature
The interior might be fitted with minimalist features, but it still looks grand but elegant.
The first floor offers incredible views of the exterior area and access to the backyard. These are some of the highlights of the interior:
- The foyer features a grand spiraling staircase.
- A little farther away from the foyer lies the formal dining room. It’s fitted with soft, modern lighting fixtures. There’s also a glass door that opens to the wine room.
- Small conversation corner that’s fitted with its own textured fireplace. This area is just one of the home’s several sitting areas.
- The primary room is built with retractable glass walls, which open to the patio. It also has a built-in TV, marble fireplace, and bar. This area offers a great outdoor/indoor living experience.
- The kitchen features a huge waterfall, double islands, wide counter space and storage, a cozy eat-in space, stainless steel appliances, and a wine fridge.
- The office is fitted with a semi-circle office table and a retractable glass wall. Harden opted to have recessed lights in this area for a better ambiance. The area’s black and light brown color scheme also makes it a perfect relaxing space, be it for study or work.
- The master suite has a vaulted ceiling and a black, floor-to-ceiling textured wall with dedicated recessed slots for the TV and the electric fireplace. Most importantly, it is fitted with a retractable wall, which opens to the pool. The room also has its own wet bar and wine fridge. Meanwhile, the master bathroom features a $1.1 million rose quartz tub, huge storage spaces, marble floors, and a glass steam shower.
- Movie theater
- Full bar
- Fitness room
- Game room
Rivercrest is one of Houston’s affluent neighborhoods. It offers beautiful views of forests with live oaks, lawns, and massive pines. In this community, homeowners are also allowed to have horses. This is outlined in the deed restrictions, the origins of which could be traced back to when the neighborhood was first established. This is also the reason one can find authentic antique buggies when one drives in Rivercrest. Peacocks, rabbits, and other Texas wildlife could also be seen on many of the community’s scenic routes.
The homes in Rivercrest are typically traditional. And Harden’s mansion is one of the few structures that follow a contemporary design. Rivercrest homes are gated and equipped with private water wells.
The Greater Houston area is also one of the country’s must-visit places. One can drop by Houston’s Museum District to indulge in some fun and educational city tours. Houston’s Museum District consists of 19 museums, including the Children’s Museum of Houston, the Museum of Fine Arts, Holocaust Museum. Houston Museum of Natural Science, Hermann Park, Buffalo Bayou Park, and Houston Zoo are other top attractions to visit.
Most importantly, Harden also established some of his businesses here. He opened his restaurant, “Thirteen,” in Midtown Houston in 2021.
Aside from Harden’s $10 million mansion, he also has a property in Empress Oaks Ct, Houston Texas. This automatically makes him a member of the Royal Oaks Country Club. The property sits on 7,100 square feet of land and has 6 bathrooms and 4 bedrooms. Harden bought the property at $3 Million.
As of 2022, Harden is still in his early 30’s, and his career is still at its peak. Who knows what other properties he might buy or build in the future. Just stay tuned for updates. Or better yet, take a look at the other blogs we’ve written about other celebrity homes.