Well, who doesn’t know Will Smith? His films are too many to count. And his awards and recognitions could cover an entire wall.
He started in the entertainment industry at the young age of 16. And at 54 years old, he already starred in at least 61 films. In 2022, he won the prestigious Oscar Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role for his portrayal of Richard Williams, the father of Venus and Serena Williams, in the film King Richard.
With his net worth of $350 million, it’s not a surprise he was able to build an impressive real estate portfolio. In this post, we’ll take a look at the unique structural and design elements of Will Smith’s home in Calabasas.
Will Smith’s house sits on 150 acres of land. It even has its own postcode. The construction began in 2003 and was wrapped up in 2010. The main residence has a total of 25,000 square feet of living space, which includes 9 bedrooms. The couple consulted architect Harry Perez-Daple and designers Waldo Fernandez, Stephen Samuelson, and Judith Lance in creating a homey adobe-style interior.
Where Does Will Smith Live Now?
Will Smith and his brood currently live at 1409 Cold Canyon Rd, Calabasas, CA 91302, USA. The Smith’s property boasts 150 acres of land. The main house has 25,000 sq. ft. of living space, which includes 9 bedrooms, a formal living room, a music studio, a meditation room, an eight-car garage, and other amenities.
The Smith’s unique abode is a collaborative work of hundreds of designers, architects, and builders. And that’s because the couple wanted to bring out a soulful character in the design by integrating earthy textures and warm tones. “Everything needed to be done by hand. We wanted to feel the love and labor that went into every piece of this place,” says Will Smith during his interview with Architectural Digest.
In this Will Smith’s house tour, we’ll walk you through the interior and exterior design highlights of his property.
Will Smith’s House Interior Design Features
The Smith’s home interior design is a fusion of Middle East, Asian, American Southwest, and African architectural elements. Overall, the mansion has a circular floor plan and tribal jewelry decor for the common areas and specific areas. The breakfast room, kitchen, family room, and large pantry are all located on the first floor.
- Jada Smith’s meditation room features a circular skylight, orange wall paint, and tribal-print throw pillows.
- Willow Smith’s recording studio is fitted with office furniture, music production appliance, TV monitors, and a high-tech sound system. This is also where Willow recorded Whip My Hair, her hit single.
- The home’s huge front door came from a Northern Indian fort.
- The fireplace features a serpent-themed screen decorated with hand-hammered bronze, carnelian cabochons, and cooper mesh.
- The formal dining room has a cloistered seating area with twisted brass wire and foliate sconces.
- The primary bedroom suite includes a large dressing room and a spa-like bathroom. There’s a custom-made bed, brass ball chain draping canopy, lounge chairs, repoussé drum stool, and hand-knotted-silk area rug. It also includes a terrace and a private garden accented with pendant lights, drum tables, and cushions. This area also offers great views of the greenery outside.
- The screening room is decorated with Moroccan lanterns, cushioned suspended daybed, upholstered club chairs, and classic style millwork.
- The hallways feature framed black-and-white photography and sculptural furniture pieces.
The Smith’s collection of antique doors and carved panels added to the overall adobe-style vibe of the mansion.
The Breathtaking Outdoor Area of Will Smith’s Home
With its 150 acres of land area, the Smith’s property has plenty of room for outdoor structural and design features. The highlights of the exterior area are:
- The man-made pool with a gazebo. This is also Will Smith’s favorite area of the house, considering its closeness to nature and refreshing vibe.
- Basketball court
- Volleyball court
- Golf course
- Eight-car garage
- Free-form swimming pool
In her interview with Architectural Digest, Jada Smith said that “We’re very earthy, organic people. We wanted to create a family retreat, something made by hand and as natural as possible, something that ties back to the land.”
The Best Things About the Neighborhood Near Will Smith’s Property in Calabasas
Calabasas is one of the wealthiest cities in the U.S. It’s an affluent suburban neighborhood that’s fondly called “the home of Hollywood’s elites.” Aside from the Smiths, the Kardashians, Drake, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, and Jessica Simpson also reside in the area.
True to its name, Calabasas also holds an annual pumpkin festival in October. Residents and tourists alike also visit Malibu Creek State Park, Leonis Adobe Museum, Malibu Hindu Temple, and The Commons at Calabasas to unwind, shop, or hang out.
Other Properties of Will Smith
As if Will Smith’s home in Calabasas isn’t luxurious enough, he and Jada also spent millions on the purchase of other properties. Based on reports, these are his other homes:
- A House in Hidden Hills, California – Located just a couple of miles away from his Calabasas home, Will bought this six-bathroom, five-bedroom property in 2003 for $3.4 million.
- Home in Woodland Hills, LA – The Smiths bought this home in 2011 for $910,000. The house has 3 fireplaces, a spa, a pool, 5 bedrooms, and 5.5 bathrooms.
- House in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania – Will Smith bought this 8000-square-foot property in 1997 for $937,500.
- Two-story motorhome – Also called “The Heat,”, this custom-built RV costs $US 2.5 million and is fitted with a full kitchen, granite countertops, and a bathroom.
Indeed, Will Smith’s real estate portfolio is as impressive as his acting career. And as he’s still in his early fifties and his career doesn’t show any signs of waning, who knows what prime real estate he’s going to buy next.