Alec Baldwin is one of Hollywood’s most decorated actors because of his versatility and magnetic personality. He had played a variety of roles and genres, including the family comedy Boss Baby (2017 & 2021), the rom-com It’s Complicated (2009), the action thriller The Hunt for Red October (1990), and the crime drama The Departed (2006). He had starred in at least 106 films. He had also been nominated for several awards. And he had won his fair share of trophies, including the ones from SAG, Primetime Emmy, and the Golden Globe.
With an estimated net worth of $60 million, Alec Baldwin now has the freedom to enjoy the fruits of his long years of working in Hollywood.
After a long and lucrative Hollywood career, Baldwin finally decides to take a break from the spotlight and focus on his growing family. He and his wife Hilaria, an American entrepreneur and yoga instructor, raise their 6 kids in the peaceful and fun vibe of their modern East Hampton farmhouse.
Alec Baldwin has been a resident of East Hampton since 1982, albeit he started as a tenant in one of the buildings in the area. He purchased his farmhouse in 1995 and had it renovated. His goal was to transform it into a modern family home.
The property used to have a saltbox design when it was first constructed in 1753. In the 1790s, it was converted into a two-story house. Then, it was remodeled by architect Joseph Greenleaf Thorp in 1913.
The Modern East Hampton House of Alec Baldwin – Best Features
Like the actor’s talent that develops with time, much of the beauty of Baldwin’s breathtaking mansion could be attributed to the countless renovations it underwent. Both in its interior and exterior areas, one can see a perfect balance between elegance and functionality. Every nook and cranny of the house is designed to meet the needs of his growing family, especially the kids.
In an interview, Hilaria explains that “before it was a lot of tiny little rooms, there wasn’t a lot of flow to it.” So, the couple asked interior designer Daniel Romanoff and architect Fred Throo to collaborate and create “this really open space that I definitely wanted. I want to walk into my house and be able to breathe.”
Now, the Baldwins’ 18th-century East Hampton farmhouse exudes a refreshing and glam vibe fit for their family of 7. These are some of the best features of their beautiful abode:
- Media room – Movie nights with the Baldwins are certainly a family bonding moment. This area is fitted with wingback chairs from Holly Hunt and wood paneling. This is also one of the areas that’s original to the house.
- Kitchen, dining, and family room – With the home’s open floor plan, these three areas just connect, making the space navigable and kid-friendly. A dining table from Fishers in Sag Harbor with Restoration Hardware chairs is where the family usually eats dinner together.
- Hilaria’s office – As can be expected from a yoga instructor, Hilaria designed her office to exude a refreshing and elegant vibe. She opted to have Christian Liaigre’s desk, Holland & Sherry’s mohair chaise, and ABC Carpet & Home’s silken wool Moroccan rug.
- The kids’ room – Baby Leonardo’s room is fitted with a dresser and a crib from Restoration Hardware. There’s also a rug from ABC Carpet & Home and framed illustrations of animals from Etsy. In Carmen’s room, there’s a mirrored nightstand from Lillian August, dainty lavender textiles, and creamy white wainscoting.
- Formal living room – This area has an off-white, beige, and light brown color scheme. Plus, there are wooden furniture pieces, such as the side and center table. Contemporary artist Brendan O’Connell also painted a portrait of Hilaria, which the couple hung above the fireplace.
- Master suite – Hilaria and Alec’s master bedroom features nightstands from Profiles, bedding from Sferra and Frette, and a bed by Charles Beckley. There are also blue velvet club chairs custom-designed by Daniel Romanoff. The master bath features a bubble chandelier from Home Nature and Spanish-inspired white and blue tiles from Stone Source. In the hallway outside the master suite, one can find a beautiful selenite chandelier by Ron Dier and a reclaimed old barn door.
About the Neighborhood Near Alec Baldwin’s East Hampton Farmhouse
East Hampton is an affluent village. Many call it “America’s Most Beautiful Village.” Indeed, Alec Baldwin chose well where to relax and enjoy family time away from Hollywood’s limelight. His family also benefited from the neighborhood’s peaceful and idyllic surroundings.
As a quintessential posh seaside resort, one can find several postcard-pretty destinations in the neighborhood. For example, there’s Town Pond in the western area and the Hook Windmill in the eastern part. Plus, the ocean-front shops, parks, and spaces to the south serve as the go-to place for writers, artists, and other creative souls. Aside from the natural views, one can also enjoy the seaside ambiance of galas and upscale shops. The historicism and rich culture of the buzzy community is also one of its unexpected appeals. One can visit the Clinton Academy, Home Sweet Home Museum, Osborn-Jackson House, and Thomas Moran House to indulge in some leisurely walk along memory lane.
Alec Baldwin has had his fair share of Hollywood hustle, be it as an actor or producer. Now with his 7 kids, settling down at his East Hampton farmhouse is definitely an A-list actor move.